Director of Marketing Communications & Product Development Job Offer
- Develop and execute the annual marketing communications, product
marketing and corporate communications plans that support the needs of
the entire organization. Plan development involves coordination with
other departments and includes interface with sales and operations,
media representatives, employees of our parent organization and
- Develop and implement marketing plans, product positioning and
pricing for new and existing products/services. Increase market share of
refining product offerings and utilizing marketing efforts (sales
blitzes, press releases, direct mail, internal & external
communications, etc.). Construct and oversee detailed time lines for
implementation of the plans.
- Direct Viking's presence on the Internet. Oversee the design,
produce and maintain informational and promotional materials on Viking's
web site for customers, prospects and other interested parties.
- Direct the creation and production of point of sale collateral
materials to support the needs of the field, corporate and inside sales
groups. Design and production of all materials used; brochures, direct
mail, points guide, sailing schedules, etc.
- Conduct detailed, in depth analysis of primary and secondary
data for market and product development and make recommendations for
action to upper management. Evaluate competitive actions and conduct
- Direct all non-financial local and national public relations
efforts. Work directly with various media; newspaper, trade press,
television and radio; to develop opportunities for Viking coverage and
respond to inquiries from the press. Interact with Viking and FDX
personnel, most frequently senior management, to create availability of
expert commentary and responses as opportunities and situations arise
- In-depth knowledge understanding of general marketing theory
& principles required, service and product marketing principles,
promotional planning, budgeting, design & creation and corporate
communications & media relations principles.
- Working knowledge of logistics, distribution & supply chain
strategies, major competitors & how products are priced, trends
& developments within the transportation industry and math &
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication
skills, quantitative and analytical skills, ability to creatively
analyze the market place & customer wants/needs & make logical
& well thought out business decisions, organizational, planning,
negotiating & leadership skills and ability to coordinate multiple
projects & tasks simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills, ability to perform under
extreme deadline pressure, presentation skills and strong PC skills
required, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Possession of or eligibility for a U.S. passport required.
- Ten years general business experience, three years in
transportation industry helpful in which five years prior product
management or business development for a mid to large size corporation a
- Three to five years experience in corporate communications, including public relations a plus.
- Experience interacting with ad & PR agencies and various vendors a major plus
- Requires a BA degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA or graduate degree a strong plus.
- Equivalent experience of 14 years in place of education will be considered.